• World-renowned electric vehicle design and technology from Fisker will complement global smart city expertise, infrastructure and investments from Hakim Unique Group of China.
• Automotive design icon and electric vehicle industry revolutionary, Henrik Fisker and Fisker Inc., will team with prominent entrepreneur, Wang Qicheng (Jack Wong) and the Hakim Unique Group on a vision for more integrated smart city systems – starting with electric, autonomous shuttles from Fisker Inc.
• The development comes on the heels of Fisker Inc. news on the launch of its EMotion luxury electric sedan, Fisker scientists filing patents on solid-state battery technology and more electric vehicle technology breakthroughs.
(November 30, 2017) – Fisker Inc., designer and manufacturer of the world’s most desirable electric vehicles complemented with some of the longest EV ranges and breakthrough automotive technology, is entering an alliance with prominent China-based conglomerate, Hakim Unique Group, to develop the world’s most appealing autonomous shuttle for smart cities across the globe. The partnership is reflective of both firms’ shared vision in new mobility trends and the elevation of integrated smart city concepts – bringing them to life with a powerful combination of infrastructure, world-renowned design and cutting-edge electric vehicle innovation.
- Hakim Unique Group’s conglomerate of more than 160 wholly owned or partly controlled companies has an intense interest and expertise in developing smart city infrastructure – with a comprehensive range of experts across government, universities, operators and enterprises. And with full capabilities in consulting, advanced technical research, multi-mode operation, integration, implementation and operation – the company is positioned to influence the mobility needs, design and development of smart cities everywhere.
- Fisker Inc. – the brainchild of automotive design icon and industry revolutionary, Henrik Fisker – has recently announced breakthrough developments on not just its own upcoming vehicles, including the Fisker EMotion luxury electric sedan, but in proprietary technologies that will change the face of the automotive industry and beyond. The company’s engineers, scientists and visionaries imagine connected cities that may benefit greatly from insight, expertise and aggressive R&D capabilities from a radically forward-thinking automotive company.
- The first joint project will include the design, development and integration of a Fisker electric, autonomous shuttle into a Hakim Unique-implemented smart city. ‘Fisker Orbit’ vehicles would benefit from Henrik Fisker’s futuristic design vision and the latest high technology ergonomic interior of the future.
- Fisker will begin delivering the first Orbit electric autonomous shuttles by the end of 2018.
- “Our tireless work at Fisker Inc. has never just been about the design and development of our own compelling electric vehicles – but exploring new frontiers in technology across multiple industries for the advancement of human mobility and progression of society as a whole. It’s in this spirit that we’re thrilled to partner with Hakim Unique Group and a top entrepreneur in “Jack” Wang Qicheng – who’s been at the forefront in investment, development and implementation of infrastructure for the smart cities of the future. The combination of our breakthrough automotive technology, design prowess and unique vantage point as industry revolutionaries – and Jack’s truly integrated vision of smart cities – is powerful. I am very excited about making the impossible, possible with intelligent urban ecosystems – starting with the development of one of the world’s most forward-thinking and uniquely designed electric, autonomous shuttles: The Fisker Orbit.”
- "Hakim Unique Group, as a leading Chinese enterprise in building smart cities, has been devoted to providing intelligent, convenient and integrated solutions for urban upgrading in China. We strive to bring the latest technology into the field of smart transportation and use it to improve public transportation, as well as help to promote social progress. Here, we share the same values with Fisker Inc.
- Henrik Fisker – as an internationally acclaimed automotive designer, complemented with his strong team at Fisker Inc. – is a visionary with innovation and foresight in science and technology, giving us confidence in the prospect of our collaboration. Fisker Inc. and Hakim Unique Group will co-develop the autonomous shuttle 'Fisker Orbit,' in which Fisker Inc. will be responsible for technology development and product design, while Hakim Unique Group will be responsible for marketing and operation in China/Asia. The greatest opportunity for society in the future comes from the orchestra of data, intelligence and collaboration – as well as the convergence of online and offline activities. If we take this opportunity, we will restructure the business ecosystem. Hakim Unique Group aims to become an enterprise that can bring profound impact on human lives around the world, and even on the future of business. We believe that Fisker Inc. shares that same ambition, and our collaboration today will not only create a great win-win outcome, but also create a story and legacy to be relished by future generations.”
About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable electric vehicles complemented with the longest EV range and shortest charging times on earth. The brainchild of EV pioneer and world-leading automotive designer, Henrik Fisker, Fisker Inc.’s mission is to set a new standard of excellence and performance in the electric vehicle industry and mobility services – developing unique, high-performance electric vehicles with the latest technology to complement groundbreaking range, charging time, autonomous driving and user experiences. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com.
About Hakim Unique Group
Hakim Unique Group (HUG) is a global conglomerate with more than 160 subsidiaries, including Hakim Unique Internet Co. Ltd, a publicly listed company on the Shenzhen A-Share Exchange. Founded in 2006 by prominent entrepreneur, Qicheng Wang, the company is focused on four major business sectors: Cultural media, healthcare, technology and finance. And with a total group valuation of more than 210 billion Yuan ($32 billion USD), HUG is ranked amongst China’s top 500 private enterprises according to Zheshang Magazine – as well as a top 100 most profitable company.
- Cultural Media: Hakim Unique Media Group delivers resources, content and scenes across the entire media industry. With renowned shareholders like Zhou Xun, Huang Lei, He Jiong and Kexin Chan Studio, the company has been engaged in film and variety shows – as well as the production/distribution of TV dramas, commercial performances, brand/internal marketing and artist/talent management.
- Healthcare: Hakim Unique Health Technology Co., Ltd., and Hakim Unique Smart Healthcare Services Co. Ltd. are committed to improving access to quality care globally. By connecting healthcare providers and patients through technology and service driven platforms, HUG, through its holdings in California Healthcom Group and HAOEYOU Satellite Clinics, has a presence in more than 200 tertiary hospitals in China.
- Technology: Hakim Unique Internet Co. Ltd. (SZ 300300; A-Share listed on Shenzhen Exchange) is the leading force in smart city technology applications and artificial intelligence. With a strong internal R&D team and actively expanding smart city-based applications using artificial intelligence within its developments, HUG is creating a new business ecosystem and boosting new business development.
- Finance: The Group actively built a new financial section business group with total investments of 100 billion Yuan ($15 billion USD), including three major sub-groups of financial holding, financial technology and asset management.
- With offices in nine major cities around the world (Paris, Vancouver, Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Taipei, Doha, Algiers and Los Angeles), Hakim Unique Group is fully committed to attracting worldwide attention and strategic partnerships within media, healthcare, finance, intelligent applications and other innovative industries.